<動>sit ; be seated ; travel by ; take
<名>seat ; place ; a surname
<介>[書] (因為) because ; for the reason that
<副>(表示無緣無故) for no reason at all ; without cause or reason
Father sits in the same chair every evening.
She sat very still under the tree.
He had his seat in the sofa and lit a cigar.
Is this seat taken?
I was sitting in the garden enjoying the sunshine.
They are sitting in the shade of a tree.
The director took her accustomed place at the end of the table.
Do you prefer to travel by train or by plane?
Do you like to sit in the private room or in the lobby?
1. He sat penitently in his chair by the window. 他懊悔地坐在靠窗的椅子上。
2. When you are sitting, keep your elbow on the arm rest. 坐立時，把胳膊肘靠在扶手上。
3. She had been sitting with her knitting at her fourth-floor window. 她那時正坐在5樓的窗前織東西。
4. They sat talking and necking in the car for another ten minutes. 他們在車里又坐了10分鐘，邊說邊摟著親熱。
5. When Eleanor returned, I was still sitting glumly on the settee. 埃莉諾回來的時候，我還悶悶不樂地坐在長沙發上。
6. I never go on the bus into the town. 我從不坐公共汽車去城里。
7. Use your lunch hour to have a nap in your chair. 利用午飯時間坐在椅子上打個盹吧。
8. He sat listening to the tick of the grandfather clock. 他坐在那兒，聽著落地式大擺鐘嘀嗒作響。
9. We sat in Lily's sunroom while I sketched in the situation. 我們坐在莉莉的日光浴室里，我把目前形勢的細節情況又補充說明了一下。
10. I sat in the garden and watched the passing cars. 我坐在花園里，看著過往車輛。